Web Development Technologies
Design and build your technically creative future. Apply skills developing applications for Microsoft using CLI and C# programming language. Consider security and performance. Integrate web applications with back-end databases and create web services.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 29 May 2023
- 27 Nov 2023
One of Australia's largest dual-sector institutes, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 95,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about RMIT.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- learn to write applications in C#
- use of Git Hub and Trello for software development
- explore the entire ASP.NET MVC Framework as a cohesive whole and see how MVC and test-driven development work in action
- see how to create RESTful web services and Single Page Applications.
- describe and apply software patterns for the development of the application models described above.
- C# programming
- ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework
- ASP.NET Web API
- jQuery and 3rd party libraries
- Webhooks and signal IR
- Advanced ASP.NET MVC
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:and
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Or equivalent database and Java programming study before starting this subject.
- Software requirements - All students will be required to download and install MS Visual Studio and MS SQL Server 2008 for this unit.
- Other requirements -
Stable broadband connection required to access online learning materials and live chat sessions/recordings. (note: mobile broadband users may have difficulties participating in live chat sessions)
This course introduces you to the principles and practice of developing applications using C# programming language. Topics include the C# programming language, ASP.NET, Web API, client-side libraries and security.
What you will learn-
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of ASP.NET Core MVC
- Explore the entire ASP.NET MVC Framework as a cohesive whole
- See how MVC and test-driven development work in action
- Learn what's new in ASP.NET Core MVC and how best to apply these new features to your own work
- See how to create RESTful and Angular Single Page Application
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Assignment 1 (20%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).