Warehouse and Distribution Channels
Examine the roles distribution and warehousing play in a supply chain.
Register the facets that go into warehouse management, from small material handling to administration. Highlight technology's role in maintaining distribution channels.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Aug 2021
Australia's largest dual-sector institute, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 60,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- Apply key concepts in warehousing and distribution channels management to generate appropriate approaches in the formulation of warehouse management strategy and distribution channel management strategy
- Design warehouse operations and distribution channel networks for both domestic and international contexts.
- Develop and compare various warehousing and distribution channels configurations and scenarios in the optimisation of supply chain networks.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership, and leverage group resources to critically analyse real-world challenges in the operations of warehouses and distribution channels and develop solutions to those challenges.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this subject you will explore the role of warehousing in a supply chain. The subject covers how a warehouse provides data on inventory levels throughout the supply chain as well as its role in the preparation and distribution of goods. The subject will focus on how a well-run warehouse can help an organisation to maintain product schedules and avoid supply issues. The subject also covers how distribution channels facilitate the timely delivery of raw materials/inventory to customers.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4) (50%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 2) (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.