- Brief revision of microeconomic concepts and introduction to Transport Economics
- Transport Demand: concepts, forecasting techniques, elasticities
- Costs: meanings, types, microeconomic analysis, empirical studies in transport
- Profitability measurement and market structure analysis
- Transport investment evaluation analysis: Cost Benefit Analysis
- Pricing Transport Services
- Government intervention in transport
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
or equivalent first-year university economics, statistics and calculus
No special requirements
This subject is intended to provide you with an understanding of the basic microeconomic principles applicable to the transport sector.
It also seeks to develop an understanding of various analytical techniques of managerial economics that facilitate decision-making in the areas of production and costs, demand, pricing, investment and government regulation and intervention in the transport sector.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.