You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Write application for a job in a research team
- Group literature review of information relevant to your research topic
- Group critical thinking exercise where you define your hypothesis and your hypothesis and your method for achieving your research project aims
- Group risk assessment exercise examining the legal, ethical, safety, environmental and other risks associated with your project
- Prepare a group poster to communication about your research project
- Write and individual grant application/business case for your research project
This is a capstone work integrated learning Subject. You should be in the final year of your Applied Science program, having completed at least the first two years of your Science program.
No special requirements
This is a Work Integrated Learning unit which prepares you for employment through a combination of:
- lectures on topics important to the professional scientist, such as working in teams, legal and ethical aspects of science, risk recognition
- working in teams to develop a mock research project grant application on a topic of interest to industry
The skills and knowledge that you gain will be used throughout your career. This unit is taken in the final year of an undergraduate course and provides an introduction to those areas of professional practice not generally covered within your technical degree.
- job application & interv (10%)
- Individual project proposal wr (25%)
- Group critical thinking exerci (15%)
- Group risk assessment (10%)
- Group Literature review (20%)
- Group project poster (20%)
Textbook information is pending.