The Changing Environment
Orbit the earth’s structure. Revisit cosmic beginnings and compare the atmosphere, geosphere, hydrosphere and biosphere today. Scan the scope of space from stars and soils to tectonics. Use Melbourne as a setting to demonstrate your learning.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Describe the theories related to the development of Earth
- Explain the evidence used to support the theories
- Explain the behaviour of a range of geological occurrences such as volcanic eruptions and earthquakes
- Describe the development of the atmosphere
- Explain the function of different parts of the atmosphere.
- Introduction and Earth's beginnings
- A cook's tour of the universe
- Plate Tectonics
- Earthquakes and the Earth's structure
- Volcanism and plutons
- How old are we?
- Development of the atmosphere
- Weathering and soils
- Past climates
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Journal (8%)
- Journal Review (10%)
- Field Reports (30%)
- Book Review & Peer Assessment (12%)
- Online (40%)