Unpack the strategy behind the operational areas that make up an organisation.Focus on departments like marketing, finance, accounting and HR management. Examine strategic approaches in organisational, international and industry-wide contexts.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 15 Jul 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- apply business concepts to construct a strategic plan for a business
- create a sustainable competitive strategy for an ongoing business entity
- develop strategies alternatives using design thinking to facilitate organisational decision-making and problem solving
- demonstrate an understanding of legal, ethical social, economic and environmental implications of business processes.
- Strategising for Competitive Advantage
- Strategy Processes and Practices
- Missioning and Visioning: The Importance of Organisation Purpose
- Business-Level Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- Corporate-Level Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- The Value of Network Alliances
- Managing Strategic Change
- The Importance of Strategic Innovation
- Strategy in the Industry Context
- Strategy in the International Context
- Strategy in the Organisational Context
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Printable format materials
Strategy is a subject designed to expose you to a strategic perspective on issues that concern an organisation as a whole. The subject draws on and integrates concepts from most of the other MBA subjects which focus on specific areas of operating a business (i.e. functional areas of marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management, operations management) and uses these insights to aid in the development of novel and competitive solutions to complex business problems and opportunities. The subject covers the evolution of the field of strategy and the need to balance strategy process, content and context.
- Individual Case Study (10%)
- CLN Case Study (40%)
- Take Home Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.