Retail and Service Logistics
Absorb the theory that backs retail and service logistics operations.
Begin exploring tourism supply chains. See what impact retail trends can have to logistics activities. Learn about MICE: meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Apply selected principles and theory of the retail business supply chain to effectively manage logistics in retail operations.
- Apply multi-faceted roles and practices of logistics and supply chain management to competitive advantage and value creation across a number of retail, service and service logistics oriented industries.
- Interact and communicate effectively in team settings to solve problems in retail logistics operations.
- Critically analyse retail logistics issues and identify workable solutions to logistics and supply chain problems.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
In this subject you will explore the techniques and processes of retail logistics operations in a competitive retail and service environment, together with relevant applications to the tourism and hospitality industry.
This subject should enhance your professional abilities as a potential retail logistics manager or a service logistics manager of a retail, service, or tourism / hospitality organisation.
The subject will also provide opportunities for you to fine tune your skills in respect of team work and interpersonal communication skills through various tutorial activities.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3) (20%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4) (40%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4) (40%)