You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Service / Management / Retail Logistics
- Managing Quality in Services / Retail environments
- Selected Applications of Service Management & Service Response Logistics
- Dimensions of Strategic Service Vision, Retail Strategies, Strategy mixes, Servicescapes
- Retail / Logistics Operations I
- Retail / Logistics Operations II
- Service Encounter and Service Culture, Empowerment, The Service Profit Chain
- Airlines as a Service Logistics Operation
- Airport Svce Logistics & Quality
- MICE Logistics and Tourism Supply Chains / Logistics
- Course Review, Highlights / Aspects of Course Revision, Unit Revision Program Concludes, Exam Preparation
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
- OtherDetails -
This unit has a required eText: Service Management: Operations, Strategy and Information Technology by J. A. Fitzsimmons & M. J. Fitzsimmons; ISBN: 9781121999749. More information about the eText will be provided by the unit coordinator at the start of the Study Period.
This subject was previously known as Service Management.
The LGM350 Subject is an introductory subject in the important field of Retail and Service Logistics operations and draws upon, and relates it to, selected theories and applications of service management, logistics, supply chain management, business strategy, and applications of logistics and supply chain management to selected introductory aspects of tourism and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions).
The overall aim of the Subject is to increase your understanding of selected principles and concepts of retail and service logistics operations, and to be able to appreciate and apply selected fundamental techniques and processes of retail logistics operations in a competitive retail and service environment, together with an introduction to relevant applications to the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- 2-Hour Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 1 (20%)