- Introduction to logistics and retail operations
- Service operations and service quality
- Retail business, types of retailers and role of logistics in retail
- Retail channel and distribution
- Merchandise category, planning, forecasting, inventory, and assortment
- Buying merchandise, sourcing, negotiation , collaboration and relationship with vendor
- Information sharing in retails
- Retail location and layout- Types of retail location, evaluating areas for retail locations, store location decisions
- E-tailer operations and logistics issues - e-tailing, e-fulfilment, last mile delivery issues, service and logistics challenges and opportunities of e-tailing
- Reverse logistics issues in retail- product returns, product recalls, recycling etc.
- Sustainability issues in retail operations and logistics
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
In this subject you will explore the techniques and processes of retail logistics operations in a competitive retail and service environment, together with relevant applications to the tourism and hospitality industry.
This subject should enhance your professional abilities as a potential retail logistics manager or a service logistics manager of a retail, service, or tourism / hospitality organisation.
The subject will also provide opportunities for you to fine tune your skills in respect of team work and interpersonal communication skills through various tutorial activities.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (20%)
- 2-Hour Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.