Quantitative Methods In Finance
Step into the world of finances, statistics and graphs.Experiment with the mathematical capabilities of Microsoft Excel. Interpret its output and consider how these techniques could be relevant in business. Address probability and linear regression.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 20 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Use various mathematical and statistical procedures to analyse financial data
- CLO2: Draw analytical conclusions from financial data using descriptive statistics, hypotheses testing and inference, correlation analysis and regression
- CLO3: Use relationships between variables to forecast their future value to inform strategic decisions
- CLO4: Communicate quantitative findings to decision makers, stakeholders and the general public.
- Mathematical Concepts (revision)
- Basic Probability
- Probability Distributions
- Sampling Distributions and Estimation
- Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation Analysis and Regression
- Time Series Analysis
- Finance Applications
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject introduces mathematical and statistical techniques used in the finance industry. These techniques will be applied to problems that are relevant in accounting, economics, finance and financial planning, with a specific focus on the quantitative methods body of knowledge recommended by Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Assignment 1 - Linked CLOs: 1, 2 (25%%)
- Assignment 2 - Linked CLOs: 3, 4 (25%%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4 (50%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.