- Project and Group Formation
- Project Specification, System Design and Planning
- Preliminary Implementation, Discussion of Technical Issues
- Review of project specification, design and planning
- Review and discussion of system implementation
- Design refinement. Preparation of documentation
- System Implementation. Planning of system test
- Progress Review. Group discussion of Technical Issues
- Draft documentation. System test and refinement
- Review of project documentation and system test
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Stable broadband connection required to access online learning materials and live chat sessions / recordings. (note: mobile broadband users may have difficulties participating in live chat sessions)
Due to the group-work project focus in this unit students will be expected to maintain regular contact with their project group / supervisor via online chat or teleconferencing on a regular basis.
This subject is designed to provide you with hands on practical experience developing software in a project environment. You work in teams and will complete projects from inception to implementation.
This subject includes a work integrated learning (WIL) experience in which your knowledge and skills will be applied and assessed in a real or simulated workplace context and where feedback from industry and/ or community is integral to your experience.
As the project teams and projects will be assigned during the first week all enrolled students are advised to engage with the degree from the beginning of week 1.
Please note: This subject is considered to be a "capstone" subject for the Bachelor of Information Technology degree in which students demonstrate their competency in a (simulated) Work Integrated Learning (WIL) environment.
All students seeking the Bachelor of Information Technology award will need to complete this subject.
- Assignment 1 - Group Project (100%)