- Java Basics / Revision
- Decisions, Repetition and Arrays
- Working With Classes and Objects
- Class Relationships (Managing Arrays of Objects)
- Dynamic Binding and Polymorphism
- File Handling
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Prior study or experience in a high-level computer programming language may be substituted for the CPT120 prerequisite.
- SoftwareDetails - Unrestricted access to a Windows, Macintosh or Linux PC capable of running the Java Software Development Kit (SDK) and a Java code development IDE (such as eclipse).
- OtherDetails -
Stable broadband connection required to access online learning materials and live chat sessions/recordings. (note: mobile broadband users may have difficulties participating in live chat sessions)
This subject introduces object-oriented programming using the Java programming language.
This subject covers: algorithm development using standard control structures; design methods such as step-wise refinement and object oriented programming; the use of standard Java classes and interfaces; the use of standard APIs; I/O processing; programming style and code reuse, and basic strategies for software testing.
- Online Test(s) (15%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 1 (10%)
- Assignment 2 (10%)
- Assignment 3 (15%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Core Subjects Information Systems
- Major in Business Analysis
- Major in Data Analytics
- Co-Major in Economics (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Marketing