Procurement Management and Global Sourcing
Source an explanation for how goods and services procurement management works.
Learn what qualities to look for when evaluating and choosing suppliers. Dig through the basics of inventory management. Study this area from local and global viewpoints.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 24 Feb 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Apply key concepts and theories in the field of procurement management and global sourcing to effectively manage procurement related functions.
- Contribute to the selection and design of appropriate approaches to manage procurement management and global sourcing operations.
- Analyse and apply appropriate techniques and methods in the integration of procurement management and global sourcing operations.
- Evaluate and measure alternative procurement management and global sourcing options in the context of a flexible global supply chain.
- Leverage resources of a group to critically analyse situations and develop solutions to procurement related problems.
- Overview of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- The Importance of Procurement Operations and Organisational Structures
- The Purchasing Process, Policy and Procedure and Supply Chain Information System
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Procurement & Inventory Management
- Purchasing Integration and Competitive Advantage
- Supplier Integration and New Product Development
- Global Sourcing
- Purchasing and Commodity Strategy Development
- Supplier Quality and Supply Base Management
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Future Direction and Summary
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject introduces the fields of Procurement Management and Global Sourcing. It explores the central concepts of organisational procurement and global sourcing. It also explores interfaces of these to the other areas of an organisation. This subject provides opportunities to examine issues such as organisational procurement process, global sourcing process, supplier selection process, supplier management and other strategic issues.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience in which your knowledge and skills will be applied and assessed in a real or simulated workplace context and where feedback from industry and/or community is integral to your experience.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.