- Overview of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- The Importance of Procurement Operations and Organisational Structures
- The Purchasing Process, Policy and Procedure and Supply Chain Information System
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Procurement & Inventory Management
- Purchasing Integration and Competitive Advantage
- Supplier Integration and New Product Development
- Global Sourcing
- Purchasing and Commodity Strategy Development
- Supplier Quality and Supply Base Management
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Future Direction and Summary
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject introduces the fields of Procurement Management and Global Sourcing. It explores the central concepts of organisational procurement and global sourcing. It also explores interfaces of these to the other areas of an organisation. This subject provides opportunities to examine issues such as organisational procurement process, global sourcing process, supplier selection process, supplier management and other strategic issues.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience in which your knowledge and skills will be applied and assessed in a real or simulated workplace context and where feedback from industry and/or community is integral to your experience.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.