Procurement Management and Global Sourcing
Source an explanation for how goods and services procurement management works.
Learn what qualities to look for when evaluating and choosing suppliers. Dig through the basics of inventory management. Study this area from local and global viewpoints.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
- 01 Jun 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
This subject will help you in developing capability in the following areas:
- Utilise generic business knowledge and capabilities
- Leverage material management knowledge
- Use of state-of-the art distribution practices to implement strategic and operational concepts
- Develop interpersonal skills to engage with others.
Upon completion of this subject, you should be able to demonstrate achievement of the following Degree Level Outcomes (CLOs):
- Explain and evaluate key concepts and theories in the field of procurement management and global sourcing
- Select and design appropriate principles and approaches in the formulation of procurement management and global sourcing
- Investigate and apply appropriate techniques and methods in the integration of procurement management and global sourcing operations
- Evaluate and measure alternative procurement management and global sourcing options in the context of a flexible global supply chain
- Build and display appropriate leadership and organising abilities in leveraging resources, capabilities, and competencies of a group to critically analyse situations and develop solutions to procurement related problems
- Develop and apply effective interpersonal skills and communication techniques in working as a team to solve real-world problems in procurement management and global sourcing.
- Overview of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- The Importance of Procurement Operations and Organisational Structures
- The Purchasing Process, Policy and Procedure and Supply Chain Information System
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Procurement & Inventory Management
- Purchasing Integration and Competitive Advantage
- Supplier Integration and New Product Development
- Global Sourcing
- Purchasing and Commodity Strategy Development
- Supplier Quality and Supply Base Management
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Future Direction and Summary
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject introduces the fields of Procurement Management and Global Sourcing. It explores the central concepts of organisational procurement and global sourcing. It also explores interfaces of these to the other areas of an organisation. This subject provides opportunities to examine issues such as organisational procurement process, global sourcing process, supplier selection process, supplier management and other strategic issues in relation to organisational procurement process both from domestic as well as overseas sources.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.