- Investment Setting and Measuring Investment Returns
- Selecting Investments and Asset Allocation
- Professional Money Management, securities Markets and Indexes
- Efficient Capital Markets
- Portfolio Theory
- Asset Pricing Models
- Equity Portfolio Management
- Evaluation of Portfolio Performance
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
There is no formal prerequisite but it is expected that students will have completed the following degrees prior to enrolment: MFIN1113 Principles of Finance MFIN2077 Investment Analysis
- OtherDetails -
Students must have access to the internet and to Microsoft excel to complete the tutorial activities and the major assignment.
This capstone subject brings together the knowledge and skills about asset classes, valuation and risk that you have built up throughout your degree.
The subject brings these elements together into construction and management of investment portfolios to provide you with an understanding of procedures involved in portfolio management - setting portfolio objectives, determining investment policy, formulating investment strategies, maximising expected returns while managing risk, devising rules for updating portfolio composition and evaluating portfolio performance. The subject sets portfolio management in a realistic, practical context and gives you exposure to the funds management profession and the managed funds industry.
- Assessment Task 1 - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4 (40%)
- Assessment Task 2 - Linked CLOs: 1, 2 (20%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 2, 4 (40%)