Critique inventory management and operation design. Compare long-term and short-term planning approaches. Take in teamwork and leadership communication techniques.
Get to know manufacturing industry and service sector processes back-to-front.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 31 May 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate the processes, tools and principles of operations management to better understand the logistics and supply chain operations.
- Explain and evaluate the quality processes in manufacturing and service sector to improve the operational performance.
- Identify future challenges and directions that relate to operations management to effectively and efficiently respond to market changes.
- Identify the processes needed to develop a new product from identifying the customer needs to delivering the final product
- Apply the tasks, tools and underlying principles of operations management in the manufacturing and service sectors to improve organisational performance.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Must complete Level 1 studies in Logistics before commencing this subject.
No special requirements
This subject provides an understanding of the processes involved in manufacturing industries and service sector and includes a substantial module on designing and managing operations, inventory management, Long-term, Intermediate and short term planning, and quality management. The subject focuses on the relation of systems and technologies to the strategic direction for manufacturing operations and the function of operations planning.
This subject will equip you with the skills to analyse and apply the essential principles of business logistics. You will develop systematic and critical thinking skills to evaluate logistics and supply chain operations processes.
This subject provides you with a capstone experience, which will give you the opportunity to integrate, critically reflect on and consolidate what you have learnt in your program.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 5) (20%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1, 3, 4, 5) (30%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 2, 4, 5) (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.