- Introduction to Business Operations
- Operations, Vision, Strategy and Design Thinking; Team Management
- Value Chains
- New Product Development (NPD)
- Ethics, Future of Work
- Business Plan & Presentations
- Supply Chain Management
- Managing Quality
- Managing Projects
- Managing Risk in Business Operation
- Gap Analysis and Future of Work
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
No special requirements
Understanding business operations assists executive managers to manage local and international business operations as an executive in an internationally competitive setting. In this degree you will draw upon your executive experience to explore design thinking when exploring business operation problems and opportunities.
Through this subject you will learn how to create value for business stakeholders. You will learn of research principles and methods to develop ethical and sustainable solutions for problems and issues in contemporary business operations practice.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience where your knowledge and skills will be applied and assessed in a simulated workplace context and where feedback from industry is integral to your experience.
You will be introduced to key business operations concepts and major functions through a business simulation in which either as individuals or as a competitive ‘company’, you will undertake the functional roles of business operations managers.
- Assignment 1 - Case Study (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment - Capsim (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 1 (20%)