- Learning in this unit occurs principally through self-directed learning in legal research under the supervision of the unit co-ordinator.
- Printable format materials
- Assignment 1 - Research Proposal (10%)
- Assignment 2 - Multiple Choice Quiz (10%)
- Assignment 3 - Substantial research paper (80%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
No special requirements
The Legal Research Project will require you to research and write a substantial research paper on a topic approved by the subject co-ordinator. The subject gives you the opportunity to engage with a substantive area of law and plan, research and write a paper that is relevant to current legal issues. The subject will require you to undertake research of a postgraduate standard and further develop your skills in legal methodology.