- Introduction to IT
- Tools of the professional and getting the most from them
- The impact of the social web
- Ethics, Legality and Privacy
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile technology and BYOD in the workplace
- Data collection, storage and governance
- Networking in the age of internet of things
- Robotics, machine learning and AI
- Trends and review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
This subject assumes basic computer literacy skills.
- SoftwareDetails - Word Processing Software (eg. Microsoft Word, Google Docs, etc)
- OtherDetails -
Stable broadband connection required to access online learning materials and live chat sessions/recordings.
This subject aims to provide you with the foundation knowledge of contemporary Information Technology areas, software, applications and job skills required to enter the IT market. A major component of the subject is the practical application of the knowledge gained from the theoretical content. The material covers a broad range of introductory information technology concepts.
Note: There is a group work element in both of the assignments for this subject which will require regular and ongoing collaboration amongst group members.
- Personal profile and project ideation (10%)
- Team project - ideation (20%)
- Team project - project proposal presentation (20%)
- Student Reflection Report (10%)
- Teram project - final report (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.