Go over the strategic planning process from an international business viewpoint.Step through the plan creation and documentation stages. Discuss international context and organisational purpose. Display leadership and strategic thinking.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 02 Mar 2020
- 20 Jul 2020
Topics covered in the subject include strategic thinking, strategic analysis, strategy formation, strategic change, innovation, industry context, international context and organisational purpose. In class discussion the lecturer will encourage students to discuss the formulation and implementation of strategy in international business practice.
At the completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- appreciate impacts of globalisation and international issues on an organisation
- gather and analyse data relevant to a strategic problem
- demonstrate the ability to think critically and creatively from an analytical base in a strategic context
- incorporate current business conditions and perspectives into a strategic plan
- prepare a strategic business plan
- display an awareness of the importance of effective management of resources
- provide appropriate leadership in operational matters related to an organisation’s strategy formation and implementation
- take relevant ethical considerations into account in achieving these outcomes
- effectively communicate the above outcomes in a strategic plan.
- Strategising Around the Globe
- Managing Industry Competition
- Leveraging Resources and Capabilities
- Emphasising Institutions, Cultures, and Ethics
- Growing and Internationalising the Entrepreneurial Firm
- Entering Foreign Markets
- Making Strategic Alliances and Networks Work
- Managing Global Competitive Dynamics
- Diversifying, Acquiring and Restructuring
- Strategising, Structuring and Learning Around the World
- Governing the Corporation Around the World
- Strategising with Corporate Social Responsibility
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
This subject has a required ebook. - MindTap Management, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Peng's Global Strategy, ISBN: 9781305577015. The ebook is readily available through the suppliers webpage - https://cengage.com.au/product/title/mindtap-management-1-term-6-months-instant-ac/isbn/9781305577015
Please note: This subject is no longer accepting enrolments for Session 2, 2019. For more information please contact an OUA student advisor.
This is the designated Work Integrated Learning (WIL) subject of the Master of International Business program.
International Strategy is designed to expose you to strategic analysis and viewpoints on issues that concern an organisation as a whole, taking an international perspective. The subject draws on and integrates concepts from other subjects which focus on specific areas of managing a business (i.e. functional areas of marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management, operations management) and uses these insights to aid in the development of novel and competitive solutions to complex business problems and opportunities.The focus is on the creation and documentation of a strategic plan, recognising the importance of involving staff in the strategy process, that strategies emerge from the actions of people in the firm, and incorporating thought with action.
*** This subject has a required ebook. - MindTap Management, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Peng's Global Strategy, ISBN: 9781305577015. The ebook is readily available through the suppliers webpage - https://cengage.com.au/product/title/mindtap-management-1-term-6-months-instant-ac/isbn/9781305577015
- Individual Assessment (40%)
- Class Participation (16%)
- Research and Presentation (44%)
Textbook information is pending.
Textbook information is pending.