Postgraduate | RMI-BUSM4358 | 2023
Go over the strategic planning process from an international business viewpoint.Step through the plan creation and documentation stages. Discuss international context and organisational purpose. Display leadership and strategic thinking.
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 14 weeks
About this subject
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Gather and analyse data relevant to a strategic problem to appreciate impacts of globalisation and international issues on an organisation
- Incorporate analytical perspectives and strategic insights in a business plan in order to execute a specific business strategy
- Provide appropriate leadership in operational matters related to an organisation’s strategy formation and implementation by displaying an awareness of the importance of effective management of resources
- Demonstrate awareness of critical engagement with theoretical, practical and ethical considerations relating to international strategy outcomes and effectively communicate these outcomes
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
International Strategy is designed to expose you to strategic analysis and viewpoints on issues that concern an organization as a whole, taking an international perspective. The subject draws on and integrates concepts from other courses which focus on specific areas of managing a business (i.e. functional areas of marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management, operations management) and uses these insights to aid in the development of novel and competitive solutions to complex business problems and opportunities. The focus is on the creation and documentation of a strategic plan, recognising the importance of involving staff in the strategy process, that strategies emerge from the actions of people in the firm, and incorporating thought with action.
This subject provides you with a capstone experience, which will give you the opportunity to integrate, critically reflect on and consolidate what you have learnt in your course.
- Assessment 1 (44%)
- Assessment 2 (40%)
- Assessment 3 (16%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
One of Australia's largest dual-sector institutes, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 96,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about RMIT.
Explore RMIT courses.
- QS Ranking 2023:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2023:
To enrol in this subject, you must be admitted into a degree.
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.