Track the changes that have hit the field of international logistics this century. Consolidate your understanding of global sourcing and trade processes. Sort through security considerations. Categorise transportation options and their pros and cons.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 14 Jul 2019
On successful completion of the subject you should be able to:
- Be able to effectively discuss the nature of logistics operations within a globalised context
- Analyse the key challenges and risks involved in international logistics
- Discuss the nature and role of the key parties in a global logistics chain
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the various transport modes available and their characteristics
- Analyse and assess logistics services and operations on an international scale.
- Globalisation and International Logistics, logistics performance indicators, Logistics and supply chains in the Asia and Pacific
- International Transport Operations, common contractual relations
- Logistics location, warehousing and inventory issues
- Outsourcing, international logistics providers, cross border issues and risk management
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The focus of this subject is on the changing face of international logistics in the 21st century. This subject will cover the important elements of international logistics such as global sourcing and trade, and the growing strategic importance of various transport and logistical infrastructure facilities. It will highlight the prevailing international trade regulatory environment and its resultant impacts on global logistical issues, especially the intra and inter trade logistics between established trade blocs. Special focus will be given to the emerging north–south international logistics as well as the slowly but steadily increasing security issues concerning international transportation and logistics in several geo-strategic locations of the world.
The subject will cover the following broad topics:
- Globalisation and International Logistics
- International Transport Operations
- Logistics Inventory Management
- Logistics Procurement and Outsourcing.
- Assignment 3 (40%)
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
Textbooks are not required.