Global Trade Operations
Recognise the strategies businesses use to get the most out of global trade operations.
Compare classic and modern theories of international trade. Cover community supply chains and global trade corridors. Unpack the politics of global trade.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Analyse and apply key concepts, models and theories in the context of global trade operations
- Apply exporting and importing processes, documentation and international trade terms in global trade operations
- Evaluate the function of global trade corridors, freight hubs and commodity supply chains
- Critically evaluate and present rational analyses and problem-oriented policy discussions on aspects of global supply chains in diverse professional contexts
- Work effectively individually and collaboratively to communicate ideas and strategies to solve problems in international trade.
- Introduction - Globalisation and International Trade
- Classical Theories of International Trade
- Contemporary Theories of International Trade
- Global Trade Corridors and Networks
- International Trade Hubs and Port Logistics
- Political Economy of International Trade - Tarrifs, Import Quotas, Antidumping
- Exporting and Importing Documentation and Financing
- International Trade Terms
- Regional Economic Integration
- Global Production and Outsourcing
- The Strategy of International trade
- Revision and Examination Tips
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Second Required Text available for free online
This Subject is designed to develop an understanding of developments global trade operations and the ways in which businesses position themselves to optimally harness opportunities and succeed within a globalised competitive environment. It introduces both operational and strategic aspects of global trade operations through analysing current trade procedures, practices, and policies related to the exchange of goods or services along international borders.
In this Subject you will learn about the fundamental principles, theories and systems of global trade operations. Following carefully selected topics and objective-driven assessment tasks, you will be introduced to the globalised competitive business environment, the politics of global trade and the regulatory environment.
- Assignment 2 (25%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 1 (25%)
Textbooks are not required.