- Introduction - Globalisation and International Trade
- Classical Theories of International Trade
- Contemporary Theories of International Trade
- Global Trade Corridors and Networks
- International Trade Hubs and Port Logistics
- Political Economy of International Trade - Tarrifs, Import Quotas, Antidumping
- Exporting and Importing Documentation and Financing
- International Trade Terms
- Regional Economic Integration
- Global Production and Outsourcing
- The Strategy of International trade
- Revision and Examination Tips
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
This subject is designed to develop an understanding of developments global trade operations and the ways in which businesses position themselves to optimally harness opportunities and succeed within a globalised competitive environment. It introduces both operational and strategic aspects of global trade operations through analysing current trade procedures, practices, and policies related to the exchange of goods or services along international borders.
In this subject you will learn about the fundamental principles, theories and systems of global trade operations. Following carefully selected topics and objective-driven assessment tasks, you will be introduced to the globalised competitive business environment, the politics of global trade and the regulatory environment.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.