Fixed Income Securities and Credit Analysis
Become acquainted with fixed income securities. Learn about the markets that bonds operate in and discuss how to perform valuations and risk assessments of them. Review approaches to bond portfolio construction and performance measurement.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 14 Jul 2019
- 10 Nov 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Examine and classify various fixed income securities and their respective markets
- CLO2: Apply finance theories and tools to value different types of fixed income securities
- CLO3: Analyse the relationship between interest rate risk and return and understand credit risk analysis for fixed income securities
- CLO4: Evaluate the link between institutional liabilities and portfolio selection and identity practical applications and management strategies including interest rate immunisation
- CLO5: Create strategies to construct, manage and assess performance of fixed income security portfolios.
- Introduction to Bond Markets and Bond Pricing
- Yield Measures and Return Estimation
- Interest Rate Risk and Volatility
- Bond Yields and the Term Structure of Interest Rates
- Treasuries, Corporates and Non-US Bonds
- Mortgage-Backed Securities
- Bond Portfolio Construction and Liability Management Strategies
- Measuring Bond Performance
- Analysis of Bonds with Options
- Credit Analysis of Corporate Bonds
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Money Markets And Fixed Income Securities.
This subject introduces you to fixed income securities and the markets they operate in. It provides you with the knowledge and skills in the theoretical and practical aspects of fixed income securities, their valuation, risk assessment and performance assessment. In this subject you will apply finance theories and tools, analyse and evaluate relationships between risk and return, and create strategies to construct, manage and assess performance of fixed income security portfolios.
- Assignment - Linked CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (50%)
- Mid-Study Session Test - Linked CLOs: 1, 2 (20%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.