Grow and nurture your knowledge of the environment. Map the impact of carbon dioxide produced by human activities. Reveal the state of the environment and impact of mining. Study hazardous waste and wastewater treatment.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 02 Mar 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Identify the factors necessary to aid a solution to an environmental problem
- Communicate ideas with a well developed level of written communication
- Critically assess and evaluate factual information on environmental problems
- Discuss in an informed way how anthropogenic activities will impact on the environment.
- Hazardous waste and contaminated sites
- Human impacts on the atmosphere
- Introduction to environmental science
- Environmental chemistry of soil
- State of the environment
- Mining and the environment
- Water treatment
- Environmental dissertation
- Agriculture and the environment
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
You should also have some knowledge of Chemistry, if you choose topics 2 or 4
No special requirements
This subject is intended to extend the students' knowledge of the environment through the study of selected topics in Environmental Studies. All topics are available in online/independent mode. A selection of nine topics will be offered and students will select two. These topics include: studies in the environmental impact of hazardous wastes and contaminated sites; mining; water treatment; and agriculture. Studies in the atmosphere and soil environments are also included. Further information on the contents of the topics will be available from the subject coordinator.
All subject material, including learning guides, is accessed via Blackboard (Learning Hub).
Assessment by assignments and online tests, depending on topics chosen.
- may incl. online tests (100%)
Textbook information is pending.