- Introduction and Entrepreneurship
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Opportunity, Creativity and Innovation
- New Venture Creation
- Legal Issues in New Venture Creation
- Financial Issues in New Venture Creation
- New Venture Work in Progress
- Marketing Issues for New Venture Creation
- Performance Measurement for New Ventures
- Preparing the Business Plan, Information and Advice and "The Pitch"
- Strategic Entrepreneurial Growth
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
New business ventures and entrepreneurship are exciting challenges in business practice. Your developmental and research work for new business ventures can be quite complex before the effective commercialisation of new products. You are encouraged to develop “the entrepreneurial mindset”. You will deal with the issues which arise in the transformation, production and commercialisation of new business ventures. You will draw from perspectives derived from innovation and entrepreneurial development, link technology, products and markets in practical terms, and reflect and analyse critically your strategic business decisions and plans.
Specific topics include: entrepreneurship, innovation, new venture creation, information sources, advisory services, using consultants, the role of government, preparing the business plan, financial issues in new venture creation, legal issues in new venture creation, acquiring an existing business, LBO’s, deal structure, and managing the growth enterprise.
- Theory and practice paper (25%)
- Theory & practice presentation (15%)
- Class participation (10%)
- Proposal/Pitch (50%)
Textbook information is pending.