- Introduction to Energy Concepts
- Other Methods of Energy Production
- Energy Efficiency and Storage
- Introduction to Atmospheric Physics
You must have a basic understanding of algebra.
No special requirements
This subject is intended for any student seeking a deeper understanding of the issues of energy production, transmission and usage and the effects on the environment. The science behind traditional and alternative methods of energy production will be presented, coupled with the associated science behind energy efficiency, insulation and energy transmission. There will be a brief introduction to the physics of the atmosphere and the greenhouse effect. The discussion will be informed by a working knowledge of the physical principles governing the transformation of energy from one form to another.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Online Assessment (60%)