Design Thinking for Business
Train yourself to think about business and managerial issues using a design mentality. Come up with ethical and creative business solutions to suit all stakeholders. Learn how the tools of business design can be applied across a range of areas.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 02 Mar 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Analyse and discuss design thinking, its manifestations and implications across organisational contexts
- Differentiate between various contemporary methods to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Create and communicate end-user driven solutions to business problems or opportunities utilising design thinking
- Demonstrate creative, critical and ethical thinking through developing and recommending solutions to business problems and opportunities that benefit relevant stakeholders
- Evaluate potential outcomes of design thinking in view of better decision making, implementation and sustainability of solutions.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
Do not enrol into this subject if you have completed OMBA770. Please refer to your degree transition arrangements for further information.
No special requirements
This is a foundation subject within the MBA program. In this subject you will be introduced to design thinking in the international context and you will be asked to apply design thinking as entry level managers to authentic business scenarios. We operationalise the concept of design thinking and examine how the tools of business design can be employed across the disciplines and functions covered in this program.
Design Thinking for Business is now fully online. On campus attendance is not required, you will be performing activities online through the learning management system.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment (40%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.