Postgraduate | RMI-BUSM4449 | 2023
Business Research Design
Grasp the key research models used to analyse and solve business problems. Adopt individual and group perspectives to discuss the business sector. Break down case studies. Run through the research project process from design to presentation.
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 14 weeks
- 27 Feb 2023,
- 17 July 2023
About this subject
On completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the broad range of research designs applicable to exploration of complex and ambiguous business problems
2. Identify and synthesise research designs to explore relevant aspects of a complex and ambiguous business problem
3. Critically evaluate and synthesise options for innovative business research design
4. Effectively communicate advanced and integrated research designs to professional target audiences
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
This subject is designed to equip students with a problem-solving approach that can be used to tackle wicked problems within contemporary business environments. Solutions are then framed within a business model framework, and pitched to peers and industry partners. You will identify assumptions within their business model and develop a research proposal that will address a fundamental inherent assumption within their model. The research proposal will turn the assumption into a research question, identify the appropriate ontology, epistemology, method and methodology to address that question.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience in which your knowledge and skills will be applied and assessed in a real or simulated workplace context, and where feedback from industry is integral to your experience.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 2, 3 (20%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4) (40%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1, 3, 4) (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
One of Australia's largest dual-sector institutes, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 96,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about RMIT.
Explore RMIT courses.
- QS Ranking 2023:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2023:
To enrol in this subject, you must be admitted into a degree.
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.