Put together informed recommendations as part of a business-consulting project for a client.Work through the design and management phases of the project. Employ persuasive writing practices. Research solutions that add value for your client.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Australia's largest dual-sector institute, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 60,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- apply design thinking to national and international business problems and opportunities, so as to develop solutions for defined end-users
- apply interpersonal skills to work in teams and to communicate effectively with clients
- create solutions and recommendations that add value to the client’s organisation through responding to a client project brief in an ethical sustainable manner
- research and reflect on career opportunities for entry level managers.
- Attitude and Aptitude
- Accountability and Authority
In this subject you will learn how to effectively design, research, and manage a business-consulting project that meets a client’s needs. Through a series of seminars you will engage with key literature relating to consulting. You will apply integrated business concepts to applied industry-based research. This subject also emphasises the contribution of sound business ethics to promote and sustain the achievement of organisational business goals. In the subject you will also consider and research career goals as entry level managers and reflect on contemporary international trends of employment. You will critically reflect about your learning skills and lifelong learning options.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning experience. You will undertake and be assessed on structured activities that allow you to learn, apply and demonstrate your professional or vocational practice; and be involved in authentic engagement with partner organisations that include industry feedback.
This subject also provides you with a capstone experience, which will provide you with the opportunity to integrate, critically reflect on and consolidate what you have learnt in your program.
- Group Presentation (30%)
- Group Client Report (30%)
- Individual Reflective Journal (40%)