- Introduction to Astronomical Observations & Measurement
- Physical Characteristics of Stars
- Birth, Life and Death of Stars
- Black Holes - Theory and Observations
- Introduction to Cosmology
A knowledge of secondary school mathematics is assumed
No special requirements
This subject is a general science elective for students without a science background. It provides an introduction to some of the key concepts in astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology. An understanding of stars, galaxies, black holes and the universe in general is developed. In addition, students are invited to research their own area of interest in astronomy to a depth dictated by their own ability.
- 6 online tests (10% each) (60%)
- Written Assignment (40%)
Textbook information is pending.