- The Business Environment and the Role of Accounting
- Recording Accounting Transactions
- Inventory, Cash and Receivables (including GST)
- Accrual Accounting, Adjustments and Closing The Ledger
- Non Current Assets and Intangible Assets
- Shareholders' Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Assignment 1 - End of Semester Exam (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Project (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Topic tests (10%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously titled Financial Accounting and Business.
Financial Accounting and Business is a foundation subject that lays the basis for further study in financial management and accounting. This subject explains the role that accounting plays as an aid to financial decision-making. You will learn about the role that accounting recording and reporting systems play in the organisational environment and consider many of the conceptual issues relating to accounting measurement. The subject will begin your preparation for your future role in accounting practice by providing an understanding of many of the major conceptual and measurement issues involved as well as an understanding of the practical issues relating to business recording systems.
Assessment values are indicative only; details will be advised at the start of the subject.