User Interface Design
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this unit you should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of good human interfaces in games, mobile devices, simulations and other information technology products
- be able to generate requirements for the interface of a proposed application
- be able to design and build interface prototypes that meet the requirements
- demonstrate an understanding of the psychological and physiological limits of the human factor
- be able to prepare an appropriate usability evaluation plan for a prototype information system
- be able to perform a usability evaluation using a range of methods and tools
- be able to use the results of the evaluation to improve the interface iteratively
- appreciate the relevant ethical issues and be able to apply ethical principles and practices to interaction design
- show awareness of cultural and disability issues that arise in the design of machine interfaces.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This unit focuses on providing an understanding of interface and interaction design especially for game and simulation systems. Topics covered include overview of HCIs and NUIs; concepts of interface design; interaction design for different platforms; functions of interface and interaction; gesture-driven interface design.
- Practical exercises (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Project (30%)