Software Development Frameworks
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Subjects may require attendance
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
On successful completion of the unit you should be able to:
- demonstrate fluency in a contemporary programming language and software development framework
- implement and document an object-oriented programming solution using object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- evaluate and demonstrate the theory and concepts of contemporary/ industry standards programming and design in the software development life cycle
- demonstrate awareness of industry standards of software development
- critically appraise the use of various software development frameworks.
- Introduction to software development frames, Microsoft .NET Framework
- Language interoperability
- Platform independence
- Software reuse
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
This unit aims to provide a general understanding of software development frameworks, and the practical experience and skills in using an important software development framework, with an emphasis on language interoperability, platform independence and software reuse using Microsoft .NET Framework. Topics include: Common Language Runtime, .NET Framework Class Library, C# and other .NET languages, and application packaging and deployment. It also discusses the history and background of .NET and its relationship with J2EE.
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Exercise Questions (10%)
- Report 1 (20%)
- Report 2 (30%)