- Introduction to tools and techniques.
- Understanding of bitmap and vector graphics.
- Processing computer graphics.
- 2D and 3D geometry.
- Nature of 3D graphics.
- Use of vectors and matrices in graphics.
- Geometric manipulation of 3D graphics.
- Shading; animation; audio; video
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject introduces the fundamentals of computer graphics, animation, audio and video, which are essential for multimedia and digital content development such as computer and video games. Tools and techniques used for the creation, manipulation and transformation of visual and audio information are also introduced. Topics include: understanding of bitmap and vector graphics; processing computer graphics; 2D and 3D geometry; nature of 3D graphics; use of vectors and matrices in graphics; geometric manipulation of 3D graphics; shading; animation; audio; video.
- Major Assignment Part 1 (25%)
- Major Assignment Part 2 (30%)
- Laboratory work (20%)
- Presentation of assignment (20%)
- Major Assignment Proposal (5%)