- Greenhouse gas (GHG) and energy reporting methodologies.
- Drivers and frameworks for national GHG inventories
- Australian National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme (NGERS)
- Calculations of GHG inventories and carbon footprints for local government and communities
- Concepts and methodologies for Life-cycle assessments (LCA).
- Process LCA, economic input-output analysis (IOA) LCA and hybrid LCA.
- GHG inventory and LCA use for accreditation.
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Book of readings
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject looks at the approaches for calculating and reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories and lifecycle emissions at national, entity and even product level. The first part presents the elements of rigorous GHG and energy reporting methodologies using the Australian National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme as a case study. The second part covers the concepts and methodologies related to life cycle assessment (LCA). Its use is illustrated by examining case studies including LCA of renewable electricity, transport and oil.
- Mid-semester assignment (20%)
- End-of-semester assignment (25%)
- Open book invigilated exam (45%)
- Project (10%)