- Introduction to environmental assessment and management
- Environmental assessment and management policy, evidence and conflict
- Environmental assessment and management decision-making and engagement
- Poster presentations and unit conclusions
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject explores the application of science to environmental assessment and management for environmental professional practice.
Emphasis is given to environmental decision-making and public engagement.
Techniques and challenges in environmental assessment and management at all scales of application from the local to regional, national and international level, and across a range of applications including protected area management, industry, government planning agencies and environmental impact assessment are addressed.
- Assignment 1 - Policy brief & implementation (30%)
- Assignment 2 - EAM Portfolio (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Environmental strategy poster (40%)