- Introduction to environmental assessment and management
- Environmental assessment and management policy, evidence and conflict
- Environmental assessment and management decision-making and engagement
- Poster presentations and unit conclusions
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Assignment 1 - Policy brief & implementation (30%)
- Assignment 2 - EAM Portfolio (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Environmental strategy poster (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject explores the application of science to environmental assessment and management for environmental professional practice.
Emphasis is given to environmental decision-making and public engagement.
Techniques and challenges in environmental assessment and management at all scales of application from the local to regional, national and international level, and across a range of applications including protected area management, industry, government planning agencies and environmental impact assessment are addressed.