- What is Energy management - objectives and potential
- Energy management: economic evaluation - principles/electricity and metering
- Energy costs and tariffs - electricity and gas
- Energy audits
- Building design - options for energy management/air conditioning
- Ice storage for air conditioning
- Energy management - lighting/electric motors and machines
- Industrial systems - steam and compressed air
- Industrial systems - boilers and furnaces/heat recovery
- Energy management control systems/road transport
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Knowledge of high school physics is required.
No special requirements
A study of the efficient use of energy in buildings, factories and transport systems; techniques for measuring and monitoring energy use; approaches to optimising the performance of electrical appliances and systems; design principles to minimise energy use in buildings and devices and an assessment of the relative costs of energy conservation and energy production in various applications. The subject will include an energy audit and a project report on the results and conclusions.
- Open book invigilated exam (40%)
- Mid-Semester assignment (20%)
- Energy Audit (30%)
- Online Quizzes (10%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.