Quantitative and Economic Analysis
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to
- Apply mathematical skills to finance-based problems.
- Explain and analyse the key concepts, models and theories used in microeconomics as required for applied finance.
- Apply the key concepts, models and theories used in microeconomics to solve a range of finance-based problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using spreadsheet based statistical modelling to solve a range of finance-based problems.
- Analyse data using the key concepts, models and theories used in probability and statistics.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Pre-requisite: Admission to GradCertFin (OUA) NCCW AFCP6018 Quantitative and Economic Analysis
No additional requirements
This unit provides the important building blocks in microeconomic and quantitative analysis required for advanced study in applied finance. Microeconomic analysis develops tools in demand and supply and critically applies these to the consumer and the firm. It concludes with an analysis of market structure. The second part of the unit develops quantitative skills that are used in finance, including descriptive statistics, probability, statistical inference, correlation and regression analysis. Spreadsheets are extensively used in statistical modelling.
- Case study/analysis (55%)
- Online examination (30%)
- Online participation (15%)
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 02 Sep 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.