Quantitative and Economic Analysis
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to
- Apply mathematical skills to finance-based problems.
- Explain and analyse the key concepts, models and theories used in microeconomics as required for applied finance.
- Apply the key concepts, models and theories used in microeconomics to solve a range of finance-based problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using spreadsheet based statistical modelling to solve a range of finance-based problems.
- Analyse data using the key concepts, models and theories used in probability and statistics.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This unit provides the important building blocks in microeconomic and quantitative analysis required for advanced study in applied finance. Microeconomic analysis develops tools in demand and supply and critically applies these to the consumer and the firm. It concludes with an analysis of market structure. The second part of the unit develops quantitative skills that are used in finance, including descriptive statistics, probability, statistical inference, correlation and regression analysis. Spreadsheets are extensively used in statistical modelling.
- Case study/analysis (55%)
- Online examination (30%)
- Online participation (15%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.