Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to
- Explain the role of financial institutions and markets in the economy and evaluate their effectiveness in allocating resources over time and transferring risk.
- Explain and demonstrate how time value of money concepts and discounted cash flow techniques are used in the analysis of financial decisions of individuals and firms.
- Explain and assess the key theories, concepts and models used in asset valuation, risk management, and portfolio theory.
- Apply key theories, concepts and models to develop solutions to problems in asset valuation, risk management, and portfolio theory.
- Explain and assess the key theories and concepts used in the analysis of a firm's financing decision.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This unit provides students with the key building blocks of finance within a single unifying conceptual framework. Students will be introduced to three of the key ideas in finance: the analysis of trade-offs over time, asset valuation and risk management. These concepts will then be applied to the following sub-fields of finance: corporate finance, investments, and financial markets and institutions.
- Final Online Examination (40%)
- Online participation (20%)
- Case study/analysis (20%)
- Online quizzes (20%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 28 Nov 21)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.