- Developmental theories: cognitive theories; learning/behaviourism; maturation/ethology
- Developmental theories: ecological systems; psychoanalysis
- Research methods
- Individual differences and genetic contributions & prenatal development
- Perception & physical and motor development
- Cognition & language development
- Joint attention & theory of mind
- Temperament & attachment
- Emotional & social development
- Peer relationships
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Admission to Master of Teaching (Birth to Five Years)
- OtherDetails -
Access to a digital camera, or mobile phone or tablet with camera capability. Basic computer tools such as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
This subject was previously known as ECEX602 Early Childhood Development.
This subject examines major theories and current issues in child development and the application of developmental theory to educational practice. It provides students with an understanding of how theory and cultural assumptions influence practice and how to recognise the implications of theory and research for teaching. The initial part of the subject is concerned with theories of development and the middle to latter sections deal with domains of development and areas of specific interest in child development for the early childhood years.
- Quiz 2 (15%)
- Quiz 1 (15%)
- Learning Activity 2 (essay) (45%)
- Learning Activity 1 (25%)
Textbook information is pending.