Case Studies in Applied Finance
Your upfront cost: $0
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Identify and assess the functions of the financial system in modern economies.
- Critically examine participants and their markets in the finance industry.
- Apply knowledge and skills to assess contemporary case studies in applied finance.
- Demonstrate effective communication to diverse audiences across different industry sectors.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Admission to GradCertFin (OUA) NCCW AFCP6017 Case Studies in Applied Finance
No additional requirements
The unit provides an understanding of the finance industry and its integral role in the modern economy. The focus is on a high level, fully integrated overview of the major participants, their roles, interactions and the purpose they endeavour to fill for all stakeholders in the economy. The key structures of the finance system are examined, and how they usually work and sometimes do not work. Case studies of actual events and participants will be used to provide a sense of the application of finance in the real world - what actually happens as well as what should happen.
- online participation (15%)
- Case study/analysis (25%)
- Short analytical tasks (15%)
- Online quizzes (10%)
- Final case study (35%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).