Capstone Advanced Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Jul 2020
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion, a student will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of how approaches to and methods of study of the ancient world have developed between the early nineteenth century and today.
- Uncover and assimilate information in a context appropriate to postgraduate study.
- Understand how scholars with varying outlooks and perspectives have combined investigating the ancient world with responding to and seeking to shape modern conditions.
- Relate understanding of the ancient world to broad conceptual frameworks and modern contexts, with a view to integrating knowledge and learning experiences from the whole Master of Ancient History degree program.
- Show in writing critical understanding of factual questions and judgements of likelihood and value.
- Demonstrate in writing ability to reason persuasively from a question to a provisional answer, citing relevant evidence.
- Weeks 1-3: Necrology
- Weeks 4-7: Hall of Fame
- Weeks 8-13: Manifesto
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Standard Media
- Online assignment submission
Admission to MAncHist(OUA)
No special requirements
This unit will be offered in the form of an advanced project directed towards integrating the knowledge and learning experiences gained across the Master of Ancient History program as a whole. Students will explore the significance of study of the ancient world through critical examinations of the work of recent (nineteenth/twentieth century) and living practitioners of ancient history, and then complete the project with an essay exploring the relevance of contemporary concerns to the study of the ancient world.
- Essay based on Necrology topic (20%)
- Essay based on Hall of Fame topic (30%)
- Project based on Manifesto topic (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.