Ancient Language Studies: Foundation in Ancient Language
Your upfront cost: $0
- 22 Feb 2021
- 26 Jul 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion, a student will be able to
- Recognise and recall the script and phonetic structure of the ancient language.
- Identify and recall the grammatical structures of the ancient language at the appropriate level.
- Recognise and memorize the vocabulary of the ancient language at the appropriate level.
- Assess the grammar required for the translation of the texts in the ancient language at the appropriate level.
- Integrate the knowledge of the grammar and vocabulary in reading and/or writing texts in the ancient language at the appropriate level.
- "A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials."
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
Students will undertake studies in ancient language of their choice. This unit provides students with fundamental introductory knowledge and understanding in ancient language - its phonetic structure, grammar, and vocabulary. The students will learn to integrate the knowledge of the grammar and vocabulary in reading and/or writing texts in the ancient language at the appropriate level, and explore the significance of the ancient language for the study of relevant ancient cultures. It is a foundational unit for students who do not have a degree with a major in the field of ancient languages.
- Partricipation (10%)
- Quiz (20%)
- Translation (30%)
- Non-invigilated Examination (40%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 04 Jun 21
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 25 Jul 21 to 05 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.