Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Jul 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Explain and apply legal, cultural, biological and ethical considerations that constrain water use and protect water resources.
- Effectively communicate scientific information in written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences.
- Critically evaluate issues arising for agribusiness managers in a resource constrained future using knowledge of water resource management in Australia.
- • Water resources and hydrology.
- • Water management and markets.
- • Aquatic ecology.
- • Environmental water.
- • Social and cultural use of water.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Water Management explores the role of water in the context of agribusiness decision-making. The subject will be delivered in blended form comprising both online modules and intensive, block-mode delivery at the Mildura Campus. It draws on environmental and agribusiness industry expertise to explore key concepts underpinning water management in Australia, including fundamental hydrological, environmental and economic factors impacting sustainable management of water resources; the historic alignment of the development water resources and regional prosperity; and the current institutional and operational frameworks that influence water management decisions.
- Pre-field intensive multiple choice quizzes. Tests student understanding of three modules: (i) basic hydrology, (ii) water resource management, and (iii) water resource economics. (20%)
- Multiple choice quizzes conducted during field intensive. Tests student understanding of presentations during field intensive. (20%)
- Oral presentation delivered in groups on a "hot topic" in water management. Conducted on penultimate day of the field trip. (20%)
- Essay style report on a "hot topic" (up to 1500 words). Due four weeks after field intensive trip. (40%)
Current study term: 30 Jul 23 to 27 Oct 23
Textbook information is pending.