Undergraduate | LTU-MKT3MRE | 2024
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
About this subject
On successful completion you will be able to:
- In collaboration with peers and utilising market information, develop a practical research proposal for a marketing problem.
- Utilising a prescribed statistical package, generate marketing insights from data.
- Utilise appropriate statistical techniques to develop actionable recommendations to solve marketing problems.
- Market Research Process
- Secondary Data
- Observation Data
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis
- Testing Hypothesis
- Questionnaire Design
- Testing for Differences
- Sampling Methods
- Descriptive Statistics
- Testing for Association
- Predictive Analysis
- Reliability Analysis
- Results and Presentation
Business managers require insights when learning about problems and identifying solutions. This subject will equip you with knowledge about marketing research principles and tools. In this subject you will learn to utilise market information to develop a research proposal. You will learn to use a statistical package to generate and further develop recommendations for real-world marketing problems based on relevant insights.
- Weekly Statistical Package Workshop (Equivalent to 900 words) (20%)
- Research Proposal in 2 parts (equivalent to 1350 words)Part 1 - Draft Research Proposal 10% (equivalent to 1000 words)Part 2 - Research Proposal 20% (equivalent to 1350 words, including the draft) (30%)
- Individual Data Analysis (1750 words) (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- LAT-BUS-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Business
- LAT-ART-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Arts
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Prerequisites: Students must have completed 180 credit points.
Past La Trobe University students who have previously completed MKT2MRE (Market, Audience and Social Research) or MKT2MRX (Market, Audience and Social Research) are ineligible to enrol in this subject.
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses