Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Critically analyse key leadership theories and approaches, and explore their impact on organisational outcomes.
- Critically analyse the nature of leadership and apply key leadership skills for positive change in a diverse range of organisational contexts.
- Research and apply leadership concepts and theories, communicate findings in a clear and engaging manner and provide constructive feedback to others.
- • Traits, behaviours and relationships.
- • Leading change.
- • Approaches to leadership.
- • Leading with head and heart.
- • Communicating to persuade and influence.
Pre-requisites: Students must have completed 120 credit points.
No additional requirements
Leaders have recently had their assumptions challenged about how organisations succeed. Additionally, leaders are struggling to make sense of the shifting environment and learning how to lead the people in their companies effectively and successfully in the midst of turmoil. In this subject, you will examine key leadership theories and the current trends in responsible leadership across a range of workplace contexts. You will apply these theories to critically address these issues that are directly relevant to the current turbulent environment. The subject requires a combination of working online, as well as attending highly interactive workshops, where you will have the opportunity to examine, discuss and solve real-world leadership problems.
- 2 x in-class tests. Individual tests equivalent to 600 words each. (30%)
- Individual essay equivalent to 1,200 words. (30%)
- The leadership Challenge Case study. A 2000 words Individual case study (40%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.