Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Assess the nature and imperatives of international marketing.
- Examine and apply the concepts of globalisation and multi-nationalisation strategies in the context of international marketing.
- Identify and analyse international marketing opportunities across a variety of country/market and business/organisational contexts.
- Recommend appropriate strategic direction that exploits both identified international marketing opportunities and the capabilities of organisations.
- Recommend coherent international marketing program for an Australian company to achieve its desired international strategic direction.
- • International similarities and differences with marketing functions with regards to the economic, political, cultural, technological and social aspects of the global environment.
- • Types of Market entry such as export, licensing, franchising, joint venture and foreign direct investment for global markets.
- • Brand localisation for international markets.
- • Cultural restrictions between home and host countries.
- • Develop international strategies and marketing plans.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
In this subject you will focus on the nature of the international marketplace and the elements that enhance or restrain international marketing. The subject is comprehensive and practical, covering the marketing of goods and services across national boundaries as well as within different national markets. The major topic areas you will cover include the international marketing imperative, the marketing mix applied to international markets, analysis and research of foreign environments and the implementation of marketing programs across and within different nations.
- Reflective Essay (1000 words per student) (20%)
- Group Assignment (Total 1500 words - Group of 2-3) (30%)
- Case Study (2000 words) (50%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.