Undergraduate | LTU-MGT3001 | 2024
Human Resource Analytics
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
Human Resource Analytics
About this subject
On successful completion you will be able to:
- Understand why HR needs to align with business strategy and how HR affects the bottom line of an organisation
- Understand reasons for an increasing interest and attention to the application of analytics to the field of HR and key functions of HR analytics that add value to organisations
- Develop, identify, and implement different types of data as required for HR related problem-solving and decision-making
- Apply different levels of workforce analytics, and know how to develop and use workforce analytics for managing HR strategically in an organization
- Learn how to use Tableau for analysing HR data and creating a compelling HR Annual Report that summarizes HR function's performance
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- High Performance Work Systems
- Human Resource Analytics
- Measuring Employee Attitudes and Turnover
- Using HR Analytics to Inform Workforce Planning
- Using HR Analytics to Design Effective Compensation and Benefits
- Using HR Analytics to Inform Training and Development Outcomes
In this subject, you will examine the relationship between human resource management and organisational strategy and analyse the impact of high-performance work systems on employee attitudes and behaviours, and organisational performance. You will explore the impact of HR practices and initiatives on various employee-related metrics as well as organisational performance and will learn how to make data-driven decisions for strategically managing your organization's workforce. You will learn how to analyse and interpret qualitative and quantitative employee-related data to solve complex HR issues with new strategic proficiencies and develop an understanding of how HR analytics contributes to a more successful performance of HR’s strategic role.
- HR Analytics Plan (Equivalent to 1250 words) (30%)
- Board Presentation (Equivalent to 1250 words) (30%)
- Proposal to the Board of Directors (Equivalent to 1750 words) (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- LAT-BUS-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Business
- LAT-ART-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Arts
Past La Trobe University students who have previously completed MGT3SHR (Strategic Human Resource Management) are ineligible to enrol in this subject.
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses