Undergraduate | LTU-DTN311 | 2024
Employability In Nutrition
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
Employability In Nutrition
About this subject
On successful completion you will be able to:
- Analyse various discipline-specific career pathways in the field of nutrition science.
- Effectively communicate the rationale for decisions made in workplace environments.
- Apply initiative and judgement to problem-solving in workplace environments
- Appraise personal practice to identify areas for improvement in professional communication and workplace problem solving skills.
- NSA Competencies
- Nutrition Professionals and their Journeys
- Understanding Yourself and Finding the Right Career
- Volunteerism and Building Networks
- Job Search Strategies and Identifying Transferable Skills
- Addressing Key Selection Criteria, Cover Letters and CVs, Interview skills
- Business Talk and Market Research
- Building your Digital Profile and Being Professional on Social Media
- Maintaining Work-Life Balance
- Interacting with Others, and Building and Sustaining Relationships
- Navigating Difficult Conversations, Advocating for Yourself and Problem Solving in the Real World
- Active Career Planning and Ongoing Professional Development
In this subject, you will explore various nutrition-related career pathways and you will learn workplace specific problem-solving skills and professional communication to enhance your employability.
- 10 minute oral presentation (500 word equivalent) (15%)
- 6 x 15 minute online quizzes. This is an early assessment piece that will occur within the first three weeks of the teaching period. (35%)
- 2500 word report, which includes a 1000 word reflective journal (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- LAT-HUN-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Food and Nutrition
Pre-requisites: Students must be admitted in the following: HBFN
Past La Trobe University students who have previously completed DTN3EMP (Employability In Nutrition) are ineligible to enrol in this subject.
- Software requirements - A good internet connection is required due to the online delivery.
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
5 student respondents between 25 Aug - 2 Sept 2023.
100%of students felt the study load was manageable
100%of students felt this subject helped them gain relevant skills
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses