Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Jul 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Identify and understand a range of motivations and neurological differences that influence physical, sensory, intellectual or autism spectrum disorder, behavioural or psychological disorder, communication, learning or developmental delay.
- Analyse a range of pedagogical principles and practices, including communication strategies, that build relational agency and promote student wellbeing, positive behaviours and learning participation.
- Validate curriculum decisions, partnership with families and other professionals to ensure all children participate in and learn from the everyday routines, interactions and play and learning experiences that occur in early learning settings.
- Identify and understand the significance of inclusion and strategies for intervention and opportunities for all children.
- • Introduction to inclusion.
- • Barriers to inclusion.
- • Adaptations and support.
- • Inclusion in practice.
Pre-requisites: Students must be admitted into EBECEO.
No additional requirements
In this subject pre-service teachers will investigate the educational, social and emotional needs of children. The neuroscience associated with developmental trauma and the impact on learning will be examined. A holistic perspective informed by sound theoretical and applied models will form the foundation of the investigation and choice of appropriate strategies. Proactive and reactive strategies will be examined within an inclusive education framework. Educator resilience and relational skills required to work with children to enable inclusion successful will be examined.
- Illustrative Learning Plan (Approx. 2000 words). (50%)
- Part A: Inclusion Rationale Diagnostic task (200 words) (10%). This assessment task will be undertaken within the first 2 weeks of the term. Part B: Inclusion Rationale (1800 words) (40%) (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).