Climate Change Economics and Policy
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Jul 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Evaluate the empirical evidence relating to climate change and its adverse impacts on natural and built environments.
Apply economic principles relating to climate change and evaluate key mitigation and adaptation policies.
Discuss core strategic issues relating to international policy coordination to mitigating climate change.
Assess and propose appropriate adaptation and business strategies in response to climate change.
- • Adverse impacts of climate change.
- • Economics of climate change.
- • Mitigation policies.
- • Adaptation policies.
- • Global climate agreements.
- • The freeriding and Prisoner’s dilemma problems.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject you will be introduced to the concept of climate change and its predicted impacts on natural and built environments. Using climate change economics, you will evaluate various national and international policy frameworks including carbon markets to mitigate human-induced climate change. You will also explore a range of business implications arising from climate change mitigation and adaption policy responses.
- Online Problem Sets Equivalent to 1500 words in total. (30%)
- Final Project Equivalent to 2000 words. (50%)
- Online Quizzes Multiple choice quizzes, equivalent to 1000 words in total. (20%)
Current study term: 30 Jul 23 to 27 Oct 23
Textbook information is pending.