Children and the Arts
Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Sep 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Demonstrate a familiarity with skills and knowledge pertaining to early childhood arts curriculum.
- Understand the role of the teacher for scaffolding creative processes.
- Design and implement quality Arts experiences for young children.
- • How children learn in the arts.
- • The musical child.
- • Visual arts making.
- • Dramatic expression.
- • Planning for learning in the arts.
Prerequisites: Students must be admitted in the following course: EBECEO.
No additional requirements
This subject positions The Arts in the early childhood curriculum. You will explore the developmental sequence of children (0-5) and a variety of mechanisms for expression and creativity. The content includes 2D and 3D creative arts, music, movement and media. The purpose of this subject is to enable Early Childhood teachers to construct and implement an imaginative Arts program for young children.
- Creative Multimodal Portfolio (2000 words). (50%)
- Part A: Curriculum Design Diagnostic task( 200 words) (10%). This assessment task will be undertaken within the first 2 weeks of the term. Part B: Curriculum Design (1800 words) (40%) (50%)
Current study term: 17 Sep 23 to 27 Oct 23
Textbook information is pending.