Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 May 2021
- 29 Nov 2021
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Identify a business venture by analysing the environment and presenting alternative futures, to establish good social and financial outcomes;
- Critically analyse entrepreneurship validation tools by investigating opportunities to extend a business and adapt to achieve social and financial outcomes;
- Present a convincing and novel identification of business problems from a company perspective and to evaluate future entrepreneurial ideas;
- Engage with group members to offer diverse perspectives about a business and to reflect on the social, environmental and current issues facing a business;
- Formulate entrepreneurship validation tools including values, norms and behaviours of an innovative or entrepreneurial idea;
- Design and deliver a group presentation about an entrepreneurial business venture;
- Critically analyse a business venture by applying and monitoring the creative and innovative ideas that can be applied given the complex and dynamic global business environment;
- Participate in a team to analyse and present a case study about an entrepreneurial business;
- Develop and write entrepreneurship validation tools using both professional and academic references.
- Entrepreneurial Individual Mindset
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship & Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
- Opportunity & The Creative Pursuit of Innovative Ideas
- Assessment & Commercialism of Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Design Thinking & Lean Startup
- Business Model
- Business Plan
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- HR, Entrepreneurial Leadership, Intellectual Properties and Legal Considerations
Student must have completed 60 credit points (4 subjects) in the degree.
- OtherDetails - This subject is offered via Open Universities Australia, late enrolments are generally not permitted past the published close of application date for the study period. For students not enrolled in the prerequisite courses, you may be able to undertake these subjects with approval of your home course coordinator, please contact ASK La Trobe for assistance.
This subject offers you the opportunity to use entrepreneurship knowledge and skills to start businesses or resolve business challenges. The subject attracts students from a range of fields, bringing a multidisciplinary perspective to the research, analysis and problem-solving aspects of the challenge. You will be required to apply entrepreneurship validation tools such as design thinking, lean start-up and business model design aimed at creating sustainable value through the provision of a particular product or service to meet an identified market opportunity. The aim of these projects is to enhance the well-being of your community or address a social, health, economic or environmental problem. The subject is designed to provide you with the opportunity to enhance, demonstrate and document entrepreneurial work-ready skills appropriate to your chosen career path.
- Business Model and Plan (2500 words) (40%)
- Business Venture assignment (1500 words) (30%)
- Presentation (15 minutes, 4 students) (1500 words equivalent) (30%)
Current study term: 30 May 21 to 29 Aug 21
Next study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Textbook information is pending.